Thursday, November 18, 2010

getting to know you

Determined to learn the names of the plants and animals I have come to live among, I am happy to report that I have been able to identify the newcomer at my seed cake feeder this morning. Thanks to the All About Birds website of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, I have learned that this sweet fellow is a White Breasted Nuthatch.
And I learned that I've been misspelling Junco. Sorry little birds.
Dovey just can't stay away from her post at the French doors, whining softly and incessantly while watching the feeders. She particularly did not like the brief visit of a Bluejay. I have to say the smaller birds didn't like it either.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are so full of nature - it's like a breath of fresh air coming over to your blog! It is so nice of you to set up bird feeders specifically for Dovey's entertainment!

    ReplyDelete