Wednesday, November 14, 2012

life is what happens . . .

when you've planned something else.
Here it is nearly midway through the month of November, my first attempt at participating in AEDM, and I've managed to complete one new thing since my last post.

Here is the companion doily, a pattern called Sunny Morning, to my last work, Woodland Lace. There was just enough thread to complete these two on the spool Elin gave me a few weeks back. She had found it on a sale table somewhere and thought I should have it. Thanks, Elin. And you can see my constant helper, Dovey, providing perspective as to size.
No matter how I'm distracted from my plans in the day time, my evenings are mostly uninterrupted hours of relaxing with a good film or a good book. I prefer to put something on to watch, for the company and distraction from the day and to allow me to pick up my crochet hook.
My days, however, have gone in other directions. I have made a start on a project I've had in mind for weeks now. Here are the elements that go into it.




Back in April I attended my first quilt shop hop bus trip and won the Moda bar pictured above. I learned on that trip that ladies who love fabrics and quilting also love to eat! No wonder Moda came up with the wildly successful packaging scheme of precut fabrics named for sweets. During the on board raffle I won the pictured bar which contains samples of 4 Moda lines of fabric as you can see in the 2nd and 3rd photos.
This summer, with Jerome's help harvesting the lavender in our city garden, I was able to dry and collect this jar of blossoms. And a trip to the Market in Coon Valley resulted in this bag of flax seed.
Any ideas how they'll all come together??
I hope to be able to post a photo soon.

2 comments:

  1. The doiley is exquisite Sharon, so delicate and dainty. I bet you was thrilled to win the Moda fabric! I am guessing that you will be making heat pillows with the lavender and flax seed? I look forward to your next post to see how they evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your doily and its name, with just enough of Dovey showing to sense its size. Please - more photos of Dovey when you get a chance? :)
    I saw Simone's guess about what you are planning to make! Lovely ingredients! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete