Friday, April 9, 2021

one foot in front of the other

As of today, we have been in the state of house chaos for 8 months. Though I can say nearly everything has been accomplished, there is still "a list." Those things that are waiting to be finished. Until then we're in limbo. Can't quite move forward to regain some of our living spaces. The feeling of not being in control is maddening and forces me to look for something I can control.

OK, outside! I made a promise to myself to spend some of every day in April out in the gardens. Though the first two days were cold and too windy to be comfortable,  I had promised. Bit hard on the body but satisfying. As April progressed the weather warmed. Hey, it's too hot for this time of year! And it's dry here in SW Wisconsin. There have been many brush fires in our county, cleanup fires that have gotten out of control. One day last week I smelled smoke on the air and heard sirens in the distance. Not a common sound out here. And a bit of a scare.

Today it's chilly and damp. Not a real rain, but misty. Very grey and for once the air is still. Perhaps a good day for trimming and pruning shrubs, trees?

But that will wait until after lunch. This morning it will be lovely to hang about our new kitchen, baking and assembling dinner in my new dutch oven. 


Come on inside the new kitchen, It started out as our bathroom/laundry room. Since the former kitchen was about half the size of this space, we decided to switch the rooms during our renovation. The old kitchen would become our new laundry room/bathroom.  

Old windows out, new window in. 


                                                  








We actually had to shower in that tub from August to the end of December until our new upstairs bathroom addition was complete. Happy days..... The window you see over the new kitchen sink is the window that you see behind the old shower head. And do you see my dutch oven on the new gas stove in this last photo?? 

My word for 2021 is STRETCH.  I've surprised myself by the multiple ways I've been pushed to put that word into action this year. I marvel at the serendipity of the universe. Just recently Mary Englebreit posted a quote from Audrey Hepburn. "Nothing is impossible. Why the word itself says, I'm possible." Ain't it the truth, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment