Friday, January 4, 2019

a gift to me



Hello from the new year!
I  have confessed in an earlier new year post that this time of year can be frightening for me. I am more aware now than ever else in the course of a year's passage that life is far too short and there are no guarantees that there will be many more new years ahead.
And yet, it is such a time of opportunity and hopefulness.

It has taken me a bit of time this year to decide on a guiding word.

nourish: to supply with what is necessary for life, health, growth. to cherish, foster, keep alive. to strengthen, build up, promote. (dictionary.com)
It is an action word. A take charge word. A personal word. One cannot be passive when charged with nourishing.

to nourish ...ME!
to re-attune myself to the cycles of the universe


to celebrate more often


to play more



especially with my friends

to realize the gifts that simple meals are to the soul as well as the body and take full delight in them


to encourage life for all that share my ridge meadow, flora and fauna






to energize my ideas into reality




to recognize that taking care of myself is a gift I can give to those who love me


 and is not a selfish act.

Whatever else is in your future this year, may you also give pause for balance and self nourishment as doing so would bring me much joy.
Happy 2019 dear friends.



3 comments:

  1. To nourish is a wonderful goal and a positive beginning to the new year, Sharon. I'm glad you are including self-nourishment, as that is essential part of making yourself happy. I wish you great peace and fulfillment in 2019. I loved your card and will put an actual letter to you in the mail on Monday! Imagine!lol Happy New Year, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nourish is a word rich with meaning, and I love how it goes hand in hand with Anne's. May 2019 be filled with magic for you Sharon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a nourishing 2019 Sharon full of wonderful moments. :)

    ReplyDelete