Tuesday, September 25, 2018

the first day of the rest of my life



69 years ago today, Lolita and John welcomed a baby girl into their growing family. I like to say I was a Christmas joy baby, being born 9 months after the holiday. I only say this to tease my sisters, who were born on Sept. 22 and 24. And with brothers born on Sept. 4 and Oct. 4 I have to admit our parents enjoyed the winter holidays...
Seriously, though, this being my last year in my 60s I'm giving myself a promise: to prepare myself for the best possible physical and mental health for my 70s and beyond.
I have many bad habits that need adjustments. And my ADHD needs to be addressed to keep from losing focus. Insomnia tends to give opportunity for panic... I'll never live long enough to do all that I hope to. The light of day brings a better clarity. Choose and do.
Choose and do. My mantra for the year ahead.
Thank you all for your love and support, good wishes and kind words. For allowing me to know you when I've never met you. For keeping me company on the road to self. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. YES!
    I, too, have decided to grow stronger as I grow older. It is very empowering. I am right there with you, sister, even though we live far apart. Cheering for you as you celebrate another birthday. oxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes Sharon. Try not to focus on your bad habits but create some new good ones instead! Choose and do is a good mantra for the year ahead, although for me, I find it difficult to choose in the first place!

    ReplyDelete