Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I'm here


As the summer spun to its end I felt like the skater on the outside edge of a whip line, hanging on for dear life and hurtling at a pace that was not my own. Confusing, fatiguing, dangerous.
Stop!
This past weekend I reconnected with the young woman I once was... I attended my 50th high school reunion. It was held at my school, Resurrection High School in Chicago. Just under 60 of the 260 in my graduating class attended. What a hoot! I stayed with my best friend, Joy, and that in itself was a gift beyond measure.
But looking back at who I was, 17 and the big wide world open before me, reminded me that very much of that young woman is here within today. I am determined to keep in touch with her.

Yesterday was my 68th birthday. Now, one day into my new year, I'm taking the time, slow, quiet time, for clarity of thought and a renewal of purpose. To give thanks for the copious blessings of my life. For the dear people who are such a part of me. Each of you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, dear friend! What a fabulous gift to give yourself--- reconnecting with old friends and your young self. May your 69th year be filled with the blessings of light, love and peace. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday Wishes Sharon! I hope that you have a wonderful year filled to the brim with things you love! :)

    ReplyDelete