Tuesday, August 11, 2020

8.11

three graces

In no apparent order, this month of graces has flowed on its own.

until today

This morning I read Rachel Wolf's instagram post and knew today would be the day to introduce you to 3 young women of the driftless region I call home and whose lives fill mine with grace. For those who cannot see instagram, Rachel Wolf/Clean is her blog site. So much can be said about Rachel,  she says it all so clearly that you should go and meet her for yourself. Local business: LuSa Organics.

The second, Kathryn Ashley-Wright, owns our local wool shop, Ewetopia. She also owns and runs a wool mill in a nearby town, closer to her farm where she raises sheep and beautiful children. During one of our recent historic floods,  her entire mill was under water. Think machinery, think fiber, think heartbreak.Totally restored now, I visited it last year with my fiber arts buddies and was in awe of the "sheep to shelf" processes that go on there. 

The third, has to include a nod to my daughter, Anne. Mygiantstrawberry is the window to her world. I cannot say enough about the joy this beautiful woman brings to my life. But so much more amazing is the ever expanding joy she brings to the world.

There is much to grieve today. These women are reason to celebrate and believe in our future. 





2 comments: